Hello wonderful and lovely kinks of the world! Happy Saturday and happy weekend...
So I am trying really hard to keep the consistency in my posting schedule, so let's get into it...
As a new natural or even if you have been in the game for a minute, there are always some things we don't do correctly or even are ignorant of. This journey is always a learning curve and process so here are some of the things you may be doing wrongly that affects your hair growth.
- HEAT: Things like BLOW DRYERS, FLAT IRONS, CURLING WANDS etc these are all things that can affect the growth of your hair if over done so be careful not to over do it.
If you are going to dry your hair, do sir drying and if you want some curls in your hair use a rod set.
- NOT SLEEPING IN A SATIN SCARF OR BONNET: I never used to believe in this theory, I just didn't get the fact that a satin scarf or bonnet can do anything for me, but multiple studies have shown that using this reduces breakage and makes hair growth better.
- BRUSHING HAIR WHEN WET: When your hair is wet, it is more tangled and using a brush causes serious frizz and cause tension to your roots and ends. This causes stunted hair growth and is generally bad for your hair.
- ALWAYS CHANGING AND USING DIFFERENT HAIR PRODUCTS: I have talked about how consistency is Key 🔑 in your hair journey in previous post and this consistency includes ticking to a particular brand of product for your wash day. ALWAYS changing products and regimen is not healthy for your hair, I understand that you may be trying to figure out what works best for your hair but it doesn't take a long time to figure it out...
- YOUR HAND IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HAIR: I know I know I have the same problem too 😢 (pot of beans life) but for your hair to grow and flourish, you have to keep your hands out of your hair and leave it alone!
Hope this post have been helpful to you, leave me a comment in the comment section down 👇 below if you have any more tips.
Connect with me on IG @tegskinkytu
Talks soon Xoxo Tega Elizabeth Baah