WHAT MADE YOU GO NATURAL? (5 REASONS WHY I WENT NATURAL)



Hey kinks how is everyone and everything?..
Hope everyone is doing great?.. Well as some of you know I was out of town this weekend for my dad's one memorial service but am back now!...

So whilst I was away I met someone I knew when I cut my hair and she said 'Tega you stuck with this natural hair thing' Now I wanted to go all hammer on her and say 'what natural hair thing?'...  But then I sat down and asked..  Why do people even go natural?  I know you will ask why did you go natural Tega?  So am going to give you five point why I went natural or should I say stuck with it and I hope I will convince you or better still encourage you to stay natural

(1) REDEFINING BEAUTY: In the black or African community we have been told for so many many years what beauty should be I say this all the time that for the longest time our kind of hair was tagged unkept and ugly, but going natural for me was telling myself and everyone around me that my beauty is unique and different.

(2) AVOIDING HAIR LOSS AT OLD AGE: Constant use of perms or relaxer will cause serious hair loss as you grow older, you will notice that your hair will be falling off; I actually want a head full of hair when I grow older so...

(3) PREVENTING UNNECESSARY SICKNESS: on a personal note, I used to suffer a lot of lumps growing up,  In fact I have had three breast lumpectomies so I had to find a better and a more organic way to live life, there are a lot of dangerous ingredients that is not only damaging to the hair but also to one's general health.

(4) TRAINS MY ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY: look in all honesty people close to me know that I am the biggest baby you can find around,  I am not accountable for nothing lol..  But going natural has forced or should I say taught me to be accountable and consistent, not just with my hair but with my life in general cos I think to myself if I can take a whole day to take care of my hair,  I can do other things!.

(5) FREE FROM HEAT AND SCALP DISCOMFORT: I am a big hair don't care girl so I normally use nothing less than three packs of hair for my weaves or wigs etc...  But these days most of the time I am usually on my natural hair so I actually have breeze going through my scalp (in this weather) and I have space to scratch my scalp whenever I please so..  Lol

I hope I have sold natural hair to you and encouraged you to stay on the journey cos I know it can be hard and annoying, sometimes even frustrating but stay on the course it's a good and beneficiary one to you my love! ..

Thank you for reading this post,  if you want me to talk about anything please leave it in the comment section down below..

Follow me on insta @tegskinkytu

Talk soon Xoxo Tega Elizabeth Baah


Disclaimer: This post is not to bash people with relaxed hair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 TIPS TO HELP REDUCE SPLIT ENDS AND BREAKAGE

3 REASONS WHY YOUR HAIR ISN'T GROWING

TEN WAYS TO MANAGE SHRINKAGE.