Hey Zamundans... How are you guys doing?...
So the post title is called 2015 because I got inspired by a blogger 'friend' about her 2015...
So am going to be sharing some of my 2015 moments, highs and lows; lessons and stuff..
So in the beginning of 2015 I was just coming out of a very very dark place in my life a.k.a depression.. I had lost my last surviving uncle in the previous year after loosing the other ones in past years so yeah I was pretty messed up... I made up my mind to stop self destructing mentally and move; push through mental struggles..
I also decided to take a bold step and start up my career..( now I have always wanted to do something with tv, talk show and acting to be precise)..
So I moved to Ghana and started the hustle..
It was interesting and fast in the beginning cos I had all these people saying 'oh yes we want you we are going to do so and so and so together' so I was very excited and pumped.. After finding out that most of the time these people just think am a fool and want money from me, things began to slow down for me.. Like from 100 to 20 slow..
Still the part of my career I decided to take matters into my own hands and at the letar part of the year, I produced a talk show series and a movie (both will be out next year) this is the summary of my career!..
Now to love life nothing changed much in 2015 well I would say that the invisible walls were cracked open a bit but.... Let's just leave matter for Matthias (lol)
My mental health was a roller coaster this year what!!!!! The things I learnt about myself, about people, about my surrounding it was like wooooo!..
Few lessons are
- People will want to take you for granted at every opportunity they get, and it's not you it's just people and thats how people are
- I learnt not to force it!... If you don't belong in a circle or with some people just don't force it!
- I am more loving than I give myself credit for, cos in this year my love has been thrown back in my face so many many times and I still wake up and say I love! (Now I don't mean romantically)
- When I was younger all I wanted for was for mother to leave me alone lol.. Now all I want is for her to be here 24/7
- studied the signs of depression and whenever I was slipping back into it.. I changed the causing effects!
These were some of my mental realization...
To my physical health;..... I was going to type a long story for you and give you list of excuses which some of them made sense but I just became lazy and slacked! I added a few pounds back!
So in summary cos I don't want to make this a long 'beautiful rubbish' i will just point out somethings randomly about the year
- I learnt a lot about loving in this year
- When I set my mind to something... Child!!!!! It's hard not to want to stop
- Strategising was an important skill I had to learn this year
- I don't have to talk to my friends everyday but I know they have my back!
- People changed in this year, some for the better others for the worse!
so finally let me just write my achievements, Highs and Lows
-Wrote, acted and Produced my very first film under the mentorship of the veteran Paulina Oduro....
-Wrote, hosted and Produced my very first talk show
- Organised music events in Ghana which ended up being successful
- Found peace within myself and learnt how to control what goes on in my mind
- Stayed away from sodas as much as possible YAS GAWD! am sure I didn't drink up to half pack of sodas in this year! Amen!
- I was able to open up about love (romantic kind) which if you know me is VERY HARD to do
-My mum's birthday
-Meeting my mentor Paulina Oduro
-Any celebration my family had
-My brother buying his first house on my birthday
-My mum acquiring a new shop... Yaaahh man!
- My dad getting promoted
- Opening the lines of communication with my baby sister
-When two of my best friends came to visit Ghana
- With all going on, I noticed I became more lazy in a way (to do stuff)
- Jeezzzz my blog suffered that laziness the most
- allowing depression to take over sometimes
- Knowignly being fooled and let it continue for a while....
Okay I think I should stop here...
What has been your 2015? Please do share maybe I can Learn a thing or two
Talk soon xoxox
Tega Elizabet Baah