Skip to main content

LETS TALK STUBBORN AFRICAN HAIR

Hey Zamunda peeps..... you are you guys 'zdoing'?
 So an unfortunate thing happened to me last night....,*crying as i begin the story* i couldnt sleep and i was watching Tyler Perry's The Haves and The Haves not *can i just say an OMG  to that series its soooo Hamazing... i told ya'all that my husband TP is the best lol yes he will marry me stop hating*.... okay back to the matter.. as i was watching the series and playing with my yarn braids., i all of a sudden became sick of it sooo i picked up a scissors and cut it!!!!!, please dnt ask me why thats the question for the okpe gods to answer... i was sooo pained after cutting it*still crying*.... so thats my sad story, my friend said am a hot mess, do you agree? .....

So after taking out my hair i decided todo a post on keeping your unrelaxed stubborn African hair in check... Amma be talking about some few things soo walk with me willya!...

● Hair shedding/breaking: I dnt even know if what i wrote is correct lol.... i was worried that my hair was pulling out and my friend explained to me why that she said that the hair that was shedding they are just dead hairs that were stuck in the braids  so they just came out when i took them off and then they need to come out for new fresh hairs to grow... soo when your shedding after braids dont worry its just giving way for new fresh hairs to grow....
 ● You know how your hair ties at the tip when you just take your braids out?.... dont force to comb it out put conditioner in it and then leave it for like 15mins before combing... it reduces the rate of the pain and then reduces the rate at which the hair pulls out...
 ● Now to talking about keeping the hair 'calm'.... if you are like me that have full African stubborn hair; am sure you will understand my pain lol... because of the way our hair is hard girls tend to retouch their hair all the time, hunay that aint right... i for one relax my hair 4 to 5 times a year.... it keeps my hair strong and healthy and then the tip of my hair is not weak and thin.... soo dnt go on a relaxing spree..

Am sorry i couldnt take pictures of my hair when i took it out but when i washed it, i air dryed it cos its better, too much heat aint good too for your hair too.. After i air dryed i added my hair food cream which is dax hair

This is what my hair looked like after air drying it....... Now when you are combing your hair that is not relaxed, do well to start from the bottom.. like soo... it reduces pain, divide it into different section and then comb in bits


 After combing it its gonna look like this


 Now this is the point to apply heat so that when you hold it in a pony or whatever you wonna do its gonna be neat and 'calm'.... i held mine up in a pony.....












So  thats how i keep my stubborn African  unrelaxed hair in check.....
 Air dry it, comb it from the root, apply heat and the do what ever i wonna do with it...

P.S the hand dryer  i have have this big tooth like comb i used to comb it










Comments

  1. Tega why did you take out those braids.... *crying with you*.....
    Anyways thanks for the hair tip.... i now know not to keep relaxing my hair everyother week and gurllll your hair is FULL YOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks soo relaxed and in your words 'calm' I can neva get mine to be dat obedient.. Do you have a other tip?... Pls do share.. Great blog btw! I love it

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tip Tega,nd ur rily did luk stuborn nd den calm at last,wil try it. Outta girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tega please could you make a video of how you relax your hair and the products you use..m cos your hair is damn too full.... And P.S mad at you for taking out those nice braids...

    Gifty

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did you get that big tooth comb hair dryer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tega I need that Big Tooth comb hair dryer for my daughter's hair.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from an outlet in Ghana.. i will contact them and see where they got it from for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

The making of a man is determined by the effort he puts in. Thank you for visiting my blog...

Popular posts from this blog

5 TIPS TO HELP REDUCE SPLIT ENDS AND BREAKAGE

Hey kinks what's up y'all?.... Greetings! I hope everyone is having a fab day?

Okay so to the post what is a split end?  The end of a hair strand is damaged resulting in the strand separating into two or more fragments.

Hair breakage is more of a problem for naturals than split ends because split ends is as a result of many activities that a TRUE natural try to avoid..

Most naturals really suffer from hair breakage and I used to be a part of the team (even do my hair still breaks it has reduced a lot)

Here are five tips to help you manage hair breakage..

TRIM YOUR HAIR AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE:I came in contact with someone who told me that she has a phobia for cutting her hair and she was worried she was weird, but the psychologist in  me didn't see her as crazy though, this is a real problem that a lot of women have. With that being said,  trimming your hair doesn't mean you are cutting it off, it means you cutting of the damaged ends to allow new growth to be possible.

3 REASONS WHY YOUR HAIR ISN'T GROWING

Hey kinks what's up y'all? Happy weekend darlings..

So based on the numerous questions on hair growth, here are three reasons why your hair isn't growing.


YOU COMB IT ALL THE TIME: I have stressed this IN  my hair journey that I don't comb my hair all the time. In fact one of my new year's hair resolution is to comb my hair less this year..  So I take finger detangling serious and I am patient with it. Combing of natural hair (which is already hard in the first place)causes SERIOUS tension to your hair follicles and breaks your hair more than it would if you just finger detangle!.  


YOU DO NOT MAINTAIN A HAIR ROUTINE: like I have said in previous post you have to be consistent but not just consistent, you must have a hair routine or regimen.. Your hair has to be accustomed to a specific method.. It's not everything that is flying in the market that you should do (Charley trust me I learnt the had way).. There are a lot of DIY's out there but you have to be c…

TEN WAYS TO MANAGE SHRINKAGE.

Hey kinks how are you doing? hope everyone is doing exceptionally well? so today i am going to be sharing with  you ten healthy ways you can manage shrinkage.
Before i start let me just mention it here that  as a 4type hair natural, your hair is going to shrink no matter what you do and it is actually a sign of healthy hair living. So lets get straight into them. STYLES: Some particular hair styles can actually help your shrinking hair life, the best way i like to stretch out my hair is to put it in a Bantu knot, it not only stretches it out but it is also stylish. I do not like applying heat to my hair at all, i try my possible best to stay away from heat application so this is a very efficient way of stretching out my hair.
AFRICAN THREADING TECHNIQUE: This is basically how our mothers wore their hair in the good ole days and it stretches out your hair beautiful..
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HAIR IS NOT LEFT OUT FOR TOO LONG: Now I am here for the cute twist out and all and other beautiful ha…