Skip to main content

GUEST FEATURE//DIARY OF A SINGLE GIRL BY TESSY ABDULRAZAQ



Hey Zamunda...... How are my peeps doing?...... I know I know i have been mia for a while now, but it aint my 100% my fault.... I promise to try and update more...... So to the post, this post is very very dear and special to me cos it was written by one of my good friend, she is going to be giving us the scoop about singlehood.... well until God helps her life and she finally gets a man lol... till then enjoy her insight... its really fun to read trust me!!!!




Hello y'all! Welcome to dairy of a single girl..*plays beyonce's single ladies and does the dance* okay, my prayer for all of you is that you won't be singing this song at a friends wedding when you are 35 (someone shout amen!!!)
*Disclaimer: this is not a pity party for the single ladies and I'm not a man or relationship hater
Okay, down to business, this post is about relationship and love from a single girl's perspective. Well I'm not an expert on relationships or love (hello, I'm single! Lol) but that's not to say I don't know a thing or two about it, Maybe I even know too much,maybe that's why I'm single, Lol!
I've only been in one relationship in my life and this was when I was 17. I just wanted to try it out and my friends were already nagging me to give someone a chance and he seemed decent so I decided to give it a try, 9 months later, I decided it wasn't my thing and opted out and since then I've been single. When I tell people I'm single they always go 'you are lying' 'how can a girl like you say you don't have a bf' I'm just always confused..what kind of girl should be or not be in a relationship? LOL!
I can't really say this is why I'm single(crazy, I know) but I have an idea.


A lot of guys have approached me for a relationship but when I analyze the situation I just feel like I'm settling and that's what I will always tell anyone who cares to listen NEVER settle! Unless you are 35 with no boyfriend of course (lol) and not settling doesn't mean you are picky, it just means you have set a standard you would like to maintain but you can bend and tweak if the person meets most of your requirements. A lot of people have accused me of being picky but I can't settle for someone I won't be happy with all in the name of a relationship, I'm sorry. Another thing I always say is never date out of pity, because you will regret it and hurt the other person. I think its totally unfair to be dragging someone along just because
you pity the person or the person has been really persistent, just leave the person for someone that will appreciate them.
There are a no of things I've noted single girls do including me sadly
Always anticipating the one ;when they start talking to a guy, they put him on the 'scale' weighing if he's a possible option. There's nothing bad here I mean its only natural but you need to calm down and stop fretting. The 'one' will come when you least expect it,till then,put on some lipstick and have a nice cocktail.
Wallowing in self pity ; we are all familiar with this one, asking yourself questions 'am I not pretty or sexy enough?' 'Is there something about me that repulses guys?' 'Maybe I should lower my standards' 'why am I the only single one amongst my friends'. Honey, you are fine just the way you are!

Expecting knight in shining armour ; yes I said don't settle for less than you deserve, but your knight in shining armour may just be covered with mud from his horses feet so you need to pray to God to open your heart to who he has designed for you. Things don't always come in the packages we expect.
Envying your friends in relationships and feeling sorry for yourself; yes, been in a relationship is beautiful! I have friends that are in beautiful, healthy relationships that I admire and I would want that for myself someday but I won't force it,because if you force it, it won't be beautiful.
Okay so these are some of my views and thoughts I wanted to share, being single can be fun if you make it because your self worth is not tied to anybody. I'm still young and I have a beautiful life ahead, good friends who support me and a family that is always there.
I believe my prince charming's horse broke down, therefore he is been delayed and till he gets here I'll be loving life and living single xx
We shall be talking more about love and relationships from a single girl's perspective



*for those above 35, single and reading this post please refer to following crusade posters and make it a duty to attendp









Comments

  1. hahahahaha tess... God Job, great post.... hope you would be updating more?


    And tega i LOVE thy blog keep it up!.. and can we find you elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol its as if Tess is speaking directly 2 me. I'm about to date a guy cos I pity him but now that I've read this, I will remain single and kindly let him down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preach sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yesso.... where else can we find you madam tega..... and tessy please more of such post i really enjoyed it!!!! i dnt get it too when i say am single....



    Pheobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome. Love it! I thought I was d only 1 who thought that way about being single.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tessy hahahahaha very inspiring and fuuny... I pray none of us attend any of thses crusades IJN

    Gifty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was very good !! Thanks Tessy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tessy Tessay! Proud Of You Babe

    ReplyDelete
  9. This s rili luvly..gurls should read this..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best BLOG ever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Single ladies rock

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lmao! The pictures are too funny!! Preach Tessyyy wonder!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. ebony L♥√€21 October 2013 at 05:03

    Nice one keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The making of a man is determined by the effort he puts in. Thank you for visiting my blog...

Popular posts from this blog

5 TIPS TO HELP REDUCE SPLIT ENDS AND BREAKAGE

Hey kinks what's up y'all?.... Greetings! I hope everyone is having a fab day?

Okay so to the post what is a split end?  The end of a hair strand is damaged resulting in the strand separating into two or more fragments.

Hair breakage is more of a problem for naturals than split ends because split ends is as a result of many activities that a TRUE natural try to avoid..

Most naturals really suffer from hair breakage and I used to be a part of the team (even do my hair still breaks it has reduced a lot)

Here are five tips to help you manage hair breakage..

TRIM YOUR HAIR AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE:I came in contact with someone who told me that she has a phobia for cutting her hair and she was worried she was weird, but the psychologist in  me didn't see her as crazy though, this is a real problem that a lot of women have. With that being said,  trimming your hair doesn't mean you are cutting it off, it means you cutting of the damaged ends to allow new growth to be possible.

3 REASONS WHY YOUR HAIR ISN'T GROWING

Hey kinks what's up y'all? Happy weekend darlings..

So based on the numerous questions on hair growth, here are three reasons why your hair isn't growing.


YOU COMB IT ALL THE TIME: I have stressed this IN  my hair journey that I don't comb my hair all the time. In fact one of my new year's hair resolution is to comb my hair less this year..  So I take finger detangling serious and I am patient with it. Combing of natural hair (which is already hard in the first place)causes SERIOUS tension to your hair follicles and breaks your hair more than it would if you just finger detangle!.  


YOU DO NOT MAINTAIN A HAIR ROUTINE: like I have said in previous post you have to be consistent but not just consistent, you must have a hair routine or regimen.. Your hair has to be accustomed to a specific method.. It's not everything that is flying in the market that you should do (Charley trust me I learnt the had way).. There are a lot of DIY's out there but you have to be c…

TEN WAYS TO MANAGE SHRINKAGE.

Hey kinks how are you doing? hope everyone is doing exceptionally well? so today i am going to be sharing with  you ten healthy ways you can manage shrinkage.
Before i start let me just mention it here that  as a 4type hair natural, your hair is going to shrink no matter what you do and it is actually a sign of healthy hair living. So lets get straight into them. STYLES: Some particular hair styles can actually help your shrinking hair life, the best way i like to stretch out my hair is to put it in a Bantu knot, it not only stretches it out but it is also stylish. I do not like applying heat to my hair at all, i try my possible best to stay away from heat application so this is a very efficient way of stretching out my hair.
AFRICAN THREADING TECHNIQUE: This is basically how our mothers wore their hair in the good ole days and it stretches out your hair beautiful..
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR HAIR IS NOT LEFT OUT FOR TOO LONG: Now I am here for the cute twist out and all and other beautiful ha…